Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 31, 2010

...she had a great 21st birthday and her little brother got a special call!

Ok so I know I just posted something but these needed their own post. I promise it's worth it! Yesterday I turned 21 and spent it with some of my favorite people :) I stayed with my bff roomie Ashley at her home in Sandy. Erwin, Ash, the Babcock family, and myself had a great night playing in the snow, drinking some great cocoa-motion made by the one and only Char, and playing some Christmas Yahtzee. Zac stopped by to say hi and play for a bit before he, "the blessed son of God had to go out and provide for the family." hahaha that was just an awesome Zacism from Mr. Wonderful himself. In his defense he had been up and working about the past 24 hours.

We slumbered and then Ash made pancakes for me and even had a "D" and a "G" pancake in which we put candles. We then spent much of the day being quite lazy and watching movies and TV shows. I enjoyed not having anyplace to be or anything to worry about doing. All day I received great phone calls, texts,  and facebook comments from many people I enjoyed hearing from.  Ash made birthday cupcakes and I was sung to again :) then later in the afternoon Zac came and he took me to a yummy dinner at Asian Star. He's so amazing to sacrifice his tastebuds for an evening and allow me to have some sushi :) He gave me roses and a beautiful necklace that I havn't yet taken off. We then went to a movie and returned to Ashley's casa. Zac soon dozed off with me on the couch and then went home. Ashley and I then fell asleep to The Sound of Music. Overall... BEST birthday! :D and I LOVED it! and i'll post pictures of things mentioned soon....


Part 2 of one of my favorite posts:
My little brother Ronnie who I love and miss very much received his mission call today. Drum roll please...... he's going to the ITALY,ROME mission spreading the gospel in Italian!!!!!!!!!!! I was VERY sad to have missed the wonderful event of him opening the call, but in honor of this momentous occasion i'd like to look back at our time spent together :) Ronnie is only 15 months younger than me, so for much of our lives we were pretty much like twins. He was my first roommate, best friend, dress up doll, and trouble making buddy. We spent much of our time together and here are just a few of my favorite pictures of us:







Ronnie you're the bestest! and I love you so much! I hope you know how much I wish I was there today to see you open your call. You're gonna be the best missionary and I'm soooooo excited for you! LOOOOVE YOU! 
love,
your sister

Today you make me smile...and cry haha but mostly smile :)

2 comments:

  1. Bff roommate :) ok you make me smile! This is the greatest post ever! I'm so glad I got to help you celebrate your birthday! I can't wait for our roadtrip out to Cali for the farewell- he's gonna be such a GREAT missionary! Loverrrr you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this post makes me so happy. baby danielle and baby ronnie are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete